HELLO! I have still been crazy busy with preparing for graduating but I am crawling my way out of the hole I’ve been living in because my lovely friend Jackie @ toomuchofabooknerd nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Jackie and I share a love for all things Shatter Me, especially one Aaron Warner so GO CHECK OUT HER BLOG ASAP!!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion award was created by Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma. You should check the blog out!
Three Facts About Me:
- I’M ABSOLUTELY 1000% OBSESSED WITH DOGS. I’m like the biggest dog person I know, I love them all. I always had a dog growing up and since moving away for uni I’ve become even more obsessed with them (probably because I’m lonely and sad all the time). When I read Katie MacAllister’s book You Slay Me, part of the reason I was so obsessed with the story was because of Jim, the main character’s talking demon dog (I know, it sounds crazy). Ask anyone who knows me, the two things people always associate me with are books and dogs. IM CRAZY. Enjoy this series of picture w me and my puppies…
2. I’m Italian on both sides of my family. My mom is a 1st generation American and my dad is 2nd gen., both of their families came from Italy in the early 1900s to the Northeast United States (NY/NJ). Because of this, I am VERY picky about my foods, especially pastas! I grew up eating homemade pasta sauce and meatballs so I typically don’t eat Italian out at restaurants because I just don’t trust their food! When I first went to college I was literally blown away that people ate pasta sauce out of a jar, like I did not think people did that. My mom never let us eat jarred sauce, like ever. People were equally amazed that my mom cooked dinner for us every night and that we made pasta sauce fresh. I will also say that I am personally offended by places like Olive Garden and Carrabas that try to pass themselves off as Italian restaurants. NO NO NO, NOPE. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. Do yourself a favor find a nice Italian friend or go look up an authentic Italian recipe for homemade sauce and you’ll b much better off!
3. I am a senior at university graduating in May with a degree in Psychology! I started school as a biomedical engineer and took classes in engineering for a year and a half until I finally got the courage to switch majors. I struggled with a lot of things my first few years of college, especially my mental health and was not in a good place at all. I’m always incredibly surprised that I stuck with it and lasted four years because at that point in my life I felt so defeated I had no idea what my next steps were. I’m really proud of myself for making the decision to switch into a major that I absolutely love and it has honestly made a world of difference. I’ve always been interested in science and medicine and I initially wanted to explore medical school as an option. I fell in love with clinical psychology and have been working in the field for two years doing research at my university as well as the children’s hospital in Washington, DC. Eventually, I want to go to grad school for a PhD in clinical psychology and work with kids with autism and other developmental disorders. I’m really excited to explore this field and I’m so happy I found something I love to do!
1. What book have you reread the most?
OH BOY. This is actually a really hard one for me because I’ve reread A LOT of books. I usually reread books that I love when I’m feeling super stressed or down and need something familiar that makes me happy. I’ve reread the league books by Sherrilyn Kenyon like three times because they’re so quick to read and I love them so much! Born of Night is the first in the series. I’ve also reread You Slay Me and the rest of the books in this series quite a few times because they are just SO FUN to read! I think the theme here is I reread a lot of the paranormal romance books bc they’re the greatest guilty pleasure reads! I definitely have to mention A Court of Mist and Fury because I’ve also read that 3-4 times since first reading it in October which is A LOT. I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH, OKAY?
2. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what name would you pick?
I don’t think I would pick a new name for myself! I actually really like my name and I think it’s fitting!
3. What’s one book that you wish would be made into a movie?
yikes, I feel like if anything I usually don’t want books to be turned into movies! I think if they redid the Vampire Academy movie into a bigger budget film (not on MTV) and made it less of a comedy I would really like that! I would also love a continuation of the mortal instruments movies! I know we have the TV show now, though, so I guess that counts? I also think The Raven Boys would be a cool movie! But it would have to be done extremely well as to save the amazing characterization of Blue and company because let’s be real, these characters are fucking amazing.
4. If you could bring one book character to life, who would it be and why?
5. What’s the last book you’ve read and would you recommend it?
I couldn’t remember the last book I read at first but only because I’ve been thinking about the release of ACOWAR in ten days and also I’m currently reading Strange the Dreamer so I have a lot going on in terms of reading. But I just finished The Winner’s Crime and I really liked it! I was thinking of doing a little mini-review of the book and eventually the whole series! I already have The Winner’s Kiss but I’m not sure when I’ll get to it..If I finish my two books I have planned to read before ACOWAR’s release I could finish TWC before May 2 but that’s a little ambitious…
So, that’s it! I hope you enjoyed reading this post I had so much fun making it! Hopefully, you got to learn a little bit more about me and my crazy-ness!!
- What is your weirdest bookish habit? (i.e. reading three books at once, reading in certain spots, etc)
- Who is an author you will automatically buy when they release a new book no matter what?
- Who is your #1 all-time ship of all ships OTP? The ship you will go down with??
- What are your favorite types of movies/TV shows to watch?
- What was the last book you read and what are top three books on your TBR?
As always, if you don’t do tags or you’ve already done this one or you just don’t feel like doing it, no big deal! I look forward to reading your responses! Let me know what you guys thought about my responses in the comments below!