It’s another week and that means another Top 5 Wednesday!
Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by two lovely ladies over on Goodreads. Be sure to check out the group page to get involved here!
This week’s T5W includes books you think will be future classics.
This is a really interesting but challenging topic so don’t judge me for my picks…
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling- This should be obvious…I mean, is this not already a classic? IDK, but the influence HP has had on this generation is really just unbelievable. I actually didn’t read the series until I was in high school and the first five movies had already been released. For some reason I kept putting off reading the series until I finally gave in and I’m so glad I did. This series has changed so many lives mine included. P.S. I’m a proud Slytherin
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien- I haven’t read LOTR but this is fantasy gold right here. I’ve attempted to start The Fellowship of the Ring but didn’t get very far. I LOVE the movies and I will one day read the series (it’s a life goal so I have some time)
- A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin- I also haven’t read GoT but I got halfway through the first one!!!! I mean I was pretty proud of myself for that.. GoT is SUPER dense and I would literally just get lost in the adjective use. At times, I felt like I spent 15 minutes just reading about what was on the table. This is another life goal so I’ll probably pick it back up again sometime soon, but for now I will just stick with watching the tv show which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE. SANSA IS MY LIFE. QUEEN DANY 4 LIFE.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE SUZANNE COLLINS IS?! Seriously, what is she doing with her life IS SHE WRITING MORE BOOKS?? I NEED ANSWERS! So I think THG is a future classic. Collins pretty much inspired the YA dystopian craze with this series and I’m pretty confident it will still be influential years from now.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer- This one is a big LOL but I had to include it. Let’s be honest Stephanie Meyer actually inspired the YA vampire/supernatural genre to become popular much like Collins did with THG. Twilight was the first series I fangirled REAL hard for. Like I was obsessed. We don’t talk about that time in my life, let’s just move on…
That’s my list for this week’s T5W! I hope you enjoyed it, let me know which books you think will be classics one day! Were any of mine on your list? Did my Twilight gif make you cringe (bc I sure did hehe)??